Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Really? Good Eggs at the Grundle!?!?

Here is a random post for you:

This morning I woke up at 7:55 a.m. after having stayed up until 2:30 a.m. and I was balls tired. I managed to get up and get into the shower, though, and then I started to feel myself really wake up and felt semi-ready to face the day. I normally go to breakfast with Casey and/or Chris and/or Rebecca. I knew Rebecca was under the weather and planned on sleeping in, so it looked like I would be going with Chris and/or Casey or by myself. Chris was still in his pajamas, so he was out. Casey was almost ready, so I decided to wait for him. I didn't have anywhere to be until 2 p.m. anyway, so I was not in a rush. Well, in the end Casey lallygagged too much and had to skip breakfast for a 9:30 class. That was fine, I wasn't ravenous or anything.

Chris, after he got back from his 9:30 class, accompanied me to breakfast. We arrived at about 10:30, which we refer to as "awkward time" because they are transitioning between breakfast and lunch at the Grundle and so there is slim pickings. I went over to where you can get omelets on weekends, because they tend to move breakfast there at about 10. I got eggs and home fries.

THE EGGS WERE DELICIOUS!! Normally at the Grundle they are too fluffy and bland, but they were the perfect consistency and had a great flavor (especially with a bit of salsa on them).

Chris disagreed. He found them too flat and bland. He was wrong. Taste is not a matter of opinion. It is empirical fact and I know he was misinterpreting the facts.

Those eggs were DAMN good.

No comments: