Sunday, November 16, 2008

A great fall

Falling has always fascinated the human mind including my own. Falling is the universally funny thing all over the globe. No matter where a person falls if they are not seriously hurt(or even sometimes if they are) someone will laugh.
I have had many awkward and clumsy falls in my life that made me look like a complete moron, but to avoid that I will tell an extremely funny falling story about one of my friends that made him look like a complete moron. One of my good friends and I were simple taking a walk. Suddenly my friend decided that it would be a great idea to add some excitement to our innocent walk and run and jump on to a seemingly low ledge. Little did my friend know that the "small" ledge that stood only three feet tall had a significantly bigger drop behind it. Of course he did not notice that and neither did I. My friend ran(which is really funny in it self because he is very small and round..) and leapt onto the four foot ledge and caught his loose shoelace on the landing. He tumbled(when I say tumbled, I mean he really did a somersault) over the ledge, landing face first in some very soggy grass. Maybe in writing this story does not have the same effect but believe me we were both crying from it(at least one was from laughter).
Seeing a fall always helps the spirit, so just in case my written documentation of a hilarious tumble did not do the trick I resorted to YouTube to find something that is really funny. The best part about this video is the situation of it, meaning that the person in the video is completely alone. Also fast forward to two minutes and thirty seconds, enjoy.

2 comments:

A Underwood said...

This reminds me of an episode of 3rd Rock From the Sun when French Stuart (sp?) thought falling down was a mortal sin.

Then they had a three minute montage of all the times he had fallen down in the course of the show.

Thinking back on it that wasn't a very good show at all.

AKH said...

So I was having kind of a bad day when I saw this post for the first time (sometime last week I think). I was watching it and was like ok this woman is kind of weird...she's all by herself and taping herself singing on a table ... oookkk.... but then I watch a little further and see the fall. I'm not even going to apologize for laughing at someone else's pain because that's friggin' hysterical. I think I sat here at my computer for a good 5 minutes just laughing at it.

Nice find :)