Monday, November 17, 2008

fairy tale hotel

The other night I was watching an older James Bond played by Pierce Brosnan(who was not a good bond) and I commented on how ridiculous and excessive Bond is, not that it is a bad thing. The scene that I chose to comment on was the one that was really not that ridiculous. The scene I commented on was the car chase through the Ice castle hotel.

Who would have thought that an Ice Hotel actually existed in multiple places? It seems that most people already knew that they existed not including my self. I looked up Ice Hotel on Google and the first one that came up is in Quebec. For five hundred and seventy four dollars per night any one can stay in a winter wonderland. It amazes me so much how excessive the human race really is. No one would ever come close to need to drink out of a cocktail glass made of ice while sitting in there frozen bed , which is in there spectacular double room ALL MADE OF ICE! Although it would be really awesome it also seems like the most impractical thing ever created. Also obviously it is a temporary hotel that I am assuming must be re-created every year.

Even though the effort and the money put towards staying in an Ice Hotel I still want to at least go in one, maybe even drink out of the ice glasses. Also am I the only one that has not heard of this waste of human activity?

1 comment:

Tess said...

I forget when but I once saw this show about an ice hotel. It is amazing how overly excessive it is, but it would still be cool to walk around in one to see what it's like. I wouldn't want to stay for a night though, I'd get too cold. How can the beds be made out of ice though? How would they not melt in the middle of the night when people were sleeping?