Thursday, October 9, 2008

favorite inanimate Alice

My favorite inanimate Alice was definitely the one when the family was in Moscow. I thought that this story was the best because of the plot twists that actually seemed to mean something, not like some of the other episodes. Also I really like the doll finding game.
The reason that I say the plot twists in this one were better, is because something horrific actually did happen to the family. I don't mean that I just hate Alice and her family, I just wanted something to actually happen, instead of almost happening. In most of the other episodes before this one something would almost happen but then it would be resolved. In Moscow how ever the family actually was forced to move away from Moscow, and change their life style completely.
The second thing that I really liked about the Moscow episode was the option to play the catching Russian doll game. Not only did it make me interested and enthralled in finding all of the dolls, but if you did not find them then you as the viewer would influence the story. In a way the doll game gave the viewer a since of control in the story. Also I thought that it was a cool way to relate to why Alice's player was so important to her. The player helped Alice not focus on all of the bad things going on around her by tuning into the player and tuning out the world. In a way the Doll game helped the viewer see how Alice used the player, by forcing the reader to play a game that was on the player as a side note to the story. I really have no idea if that is what the writer of this story was trying to accomplish with the doll game, but that is what I gathered.
I thought that inanimate Alice was done well in the since that it did leave you hanging on what the family will do next. Also it left the viewer wanting to know more about the family back ground and personal information. I could really relate and feel what Alice was thinking and feeling through the way the story was told.

No comments: