Tuesday, October 7, 2008

All This Fuggin' Musical Chairs

Alright. I am not an unreasonable person. That's a lie. I am rather unreasonable. But it's also irrelevant. I am not here to talk about my reasonableness. I am here to talk about the seat changes in English.

You probably aren't very irked by them at all. I am. I have sat at good ol' laptop 20 for the majority of the semester. The one a row behind it didn't work for me, so on day two I moved to laptop twenty (codename Harriet. Not Tubman) and it was like a match made in heaven. She and I got along so well. As with all good things, though, Professor Parent crushed my blossoming relationship.

"Everyone move somewhere drastically different," the order rang out through the classroom. The tone was leaden, unmoving, cold and callous. All the pleas (I think I was the only plea-er) were for naught. So I moved to the back of the room like some kind of second-class citizen in exile.

It wasn't a happy moment, but after half the class I was getting settled in and happy (ish) with my new place in life. There was the benefit of ~reparent not being able to sneak up behind me unless he can somehow move through walls (which I, oddly, don't doubt). Even so, I missed Harriet. My new laptop (whom I shall call Gertrude) was nice and fairly identical to Harriet (though there was just something special about Harriet) but at the same time, we didn't click. We were just finding our groove when class ended.

Sad face?

I can back to class about 20 minutes ago, and surprise surprise, ~reparent made us move again! To a "dramastically" different spot (Damn you, portmanteaus! Some words don't need to be fused!). Now I am at laptop number 13. How lucky.

I will be level with you. I don't like it. But I did like "The Lazer Collection" on YouTube (Produced by DFear Studios). As well as its sequel. Here is the video. Enjoy. I did.

1 comment:

Doug DeMaio said...

I actually invented that hybrid frankenword before you came in and he usurped it. I think he may have actually credited me with it, but I wasn't sure. Coinage.