Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Sprained ankle

The other day I decided to attempt to play pick up basketball with a couple of friends from my hall, now I am scarred from embarrassment and have a sprained ankle. I made the mistake of believing that even though I am horrible at basketball I could still try and play it just for fun. That is where I went wrong...

Pick up basketball at the gym was everything but fun. First of all it seemed like everyone knew what they were doing. That was bad because I had no idea what I was doing but tried to act like I have played the game my whole life. My first game(which my team lost horribly) I ran around and got dominated by a huge guy that seemed to have roid rage. Every time I touched this beast of a man his face would turn bright red and he would scream,"FOUL! FOUL!" Even if it was a foul all of the screaming was completely unnecessary. After running around the court aimlessly for an hour I found my one opportunity for glory. A player on the opposing team was on a break away and I was the only one that had any chance of catching him. I ran as fast as I could and was able to catch up to him. The opposing player went up for a lay up completely oblivious that I was right behind him. I went up to swat the ball and find my glory, but alas I missed and landed on my ankle side ways. So now I am hobbling around realizing once again that basketball is not my sport.

I believe that this fatal attempt at playing basketball is once again telling me never to play basketball. I have not been blessed with any attributes that would be help full in basketball, I am short, I have an awful shot, and I can not jump. This instance of terrible play is just another sign that basketball is not meant for me.

No comments: