Friday, December 5, 2008

Final project

I am severely dreading our final project that is due next week. I chose to go with the boring not so creative route and just write a paper. Hopefully my paper will be some what unique but that is unlikely.

The main question that my paper is trying to answer is how is the Internet changing literature, and how is that change in literature affecting our society?In the first half of my paper I will give examples of changing literature based on the Internet. In the second half of my paper I will give examples and explain how the Internet is creating a whole new community based on the literature that is being created. I want to show that changing society and changing literature are connected. Also I plan on using many examples from the things that we have already done in class to help explain my two points. Almost everything we have read/watched in class are perfect examples of how literature is changing using the Internet. I plan on using different kinds of examples such as blogs, digital stories, YouTube etc.

I am hoping that my paper will show the connection that I am trying to make while showing many valid examples. Also I will be arguing that all of the examples that I am using are literature. I am explaining that literature is no longer just something you can hold in your hand and is written down. I am asserting that literature is much more then something you can hold in your hand, literature can really be anything. As hopefully my paper will explain digital literature and non-digital literature are really not that much different in what they are but it is what they are doing to society that makes them different.

1 comment:

M. Haji Bigman said...

I admire your tenacity to write a paper on the subject. For me, creating my own digital work seems like the easy route. It sounds like you have some solid idea, and flexible questions to base a paper on.

good luck