Monday, December 15, 2008

The Dark Knight

As most people are already aware, The Dark Knight was released on DVD last Tuesday. This is kind of a big deal considering how popular it was in the theaters and just how good a movie it was. I am not going to make some absurd, overarching statement like "the best movie ever", but its damn good especially from a genre not known for consistently producing critically acclaimed films. And of course Heath Ledger's last performance was incredible.

Most recently a friend down the hall purchased a copy of the film and ever since it has made it's was around to pretty much every room on the floor. This was initially a good thing since I got to experience the movie again, but it has quickly turned into a black hole for wasting time. It seems like ever time I walk into a room now, The Dark Knight is playing and I am obligated to stay for at least the current awesome scene. Next thing I know I have wasted two plus hours of time on  a movie Ive already seen three times. This wouldnt be that bad except that it was not limited to an isolated incident. I haven' actually watched through and through more than once since it has been on DVD, but I have committed too many hours to bits and pieces that form a huge chunk of time.

It is still a great movie, and probably one that I will still be watching decades from now. It would have been awesome if they decided to release it after finals week. Also RIP Mr. Ledger, it's too bad we werent able to see more examples of this caliber of acting talent that he displayed.

No comments: