Tuesday, August 25, 2009

School-ward bound

All summer, sadly, I have been looking forward to returning to school in the fall. I say sadly because I remember well how much I looked forward to summer vacation as a child. Now, though, I can't help but to feel that I have outgrown the town I live in (as anyone who lives here will eventually do). This creates a lot of frustration for me when I have to go back for breaks or spend any significant length of time in the town. It isn't that I feel as though I'm too good for the town (and not just because I have such a hard time with that particular abstract noun) but I just get so bored when I am here with nothing to do and that makes me tired. And being tired all the time is draining on a person. Thus, I have been eagerly awaiting the day that I get to leave again.

That day, as it happens, is this Sunday. I plan to leave very early in the morning and get to school as soon as possible. In fact, I have even started packing already (and that's big for me) because, well, there's nothing else to do.

I would not be in such dire straits if my car hadn't been murdered by my brother's fiancée (about whom a blog could be kept to track all of the stupid actions she performs during any gien day). Without a car, it's impossible to get a job in this town (as there are literally only three places to work and none of them are ever hiring). The cycle continues because no car means no job means no money means no car means no job.

But Sunday it's all done!

No comments: